This is the last release candidate before we
let the dogs out build a final. At least, that’s what I hope.
Most important changes:
- I have disabled the relationship changer for auto-drafts for now. Handling this insanity was just too much work; I will tackle it later again. Maybe.
- I also dropped support for post formats in the Advanced Translator. Since they are not “real” terms until you have used them, getting them is a little bit too much work. Plus, there is now way to detect the supported formats in other sites, because that is a theme setting, and the theme is not active.
- The widget doesn’t throw a notice anymore when you save its settings. The same applies to the Quicklink feature.
- The translation metabox contains the blog title now. That should help when you have two or more sites with the same language.
- I did what you shouldn’t do in a release candidate: I have refactored the HTTP redirect feature.
It does a real language negotiation now, it weights the user’s preferences against the priority you have set in the language manager and finds the best match. And if the user has excluded a language (
language-code;q=0), that will be respected too.
You can see your browser settings for the Accept-Language on my little private test page.
Please test this RC. We will use exactly that code probably for the final version.
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.
This site uses Google Analytics, Hubspot, Facebook pixels and Twitter pixels to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site and the most popular pages.
If this cookie remains in use, we can improve our website.
Please enable Strictly Necessary Cookies first so that we can save your preferences!