MultilingualPress version 4.3.0 has just been released on our online store! In addition to some fixes and compatibility updates, this version further enhances our plugin by expanding the number of referenced sites: external sites can now be linked to the multisite network where MultilingualPress was initially installed. Let’s take a closer look at this new feature.
Support for external sites
As is well known, MultilingualPress allows the creation of connections between content belonging to different subsites of the Multisite network to manage translations optimally. Now, MultilingualPress also allows for linking external sites: this new capability expands the reach of the plugin beyond the WordPress ecosystem, enabling the linking of external websites regardless of their development platform, whether it’s a custom-built site, a CMS-driven site, or any other type of website.
Indeed, it defines an external reference link for a specific language for each post type where possible. This link will be used, by the language menu and automatic redirect functions, to direct the users when they need to access specific content in a language managed on an external site. Further info is available in MultilingualPress External sites support.
MultilingualPress continues to evolve, providing users with powerful tools to manage multilingual websites effectively. Stay tuned for more updates and enhancements as we strive to deliver the best multilingual experience for our users.
MultilingualPress Release 4.3.0 Changelog
Below, you can find a list of all the changes included in the MultilingualPress Release 4.3.0:
- Undefined variable $taxonomy in TermTranslator.php
- Minor issue with checkbox labels on MLP comments tab in site settings
- “Copy comments to selected sites” feature not copying rating from WooCommerce reviews
- Language Menu Block crashes when selecting a language
- Text “Send all the translations to trash when this post is trashed.” is not translated
- [Comments] Changing status to Pending via translation metabox works incorrectly
- [Reviews, comments] Translation metabox disappears if connected review has status = Trash
- Error when copying certain ACF content
- Support for External Sites.
- Compatibility with WC High-Performance Order Storage.
- Comments relation update compatible with rest-api
- A filter that allows custom user meta fields to be translated
Here is the complete changelog.
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.
This site uses Google Analytics, Hubspot, Facebook pixels and Twitter pixels to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site and the most popular pages.
If this cookie remains in use, we can improve our website.
Please enable Strictly Necessary Cookies first so that we can save your preferences!